This guide will walk you through the steps required to create a new Contact or Registrant.
- Log in to the ZA Domains Multi Registrar Control Panel using your Domain Registrar user name and password.
- Expand Domains on the menu and click on Manage Contacts
- Click on the Add New Contact Button
- Complete all required the fields on the Add Contact modal window
- Ensure that the information that you are entering is correct.
- All required fields are marked with a red asterix
- The contact no and fax no fields are Internationalised contact numbers and must be formatted using "+" followed by the country dialing code such as "27" for South Africa, followed by a ".", followed by the rest of the digits in the number. I.E +27.120041112
- The User Reference is your reference used to identify the Contact, an example could be your client's account number or username. This value is not stored on the Registry WHOIS and is therefore not displayed when performing a WHOIS for a domain name linked to this contact.
- It is possible to have one contact associated to many domain names.
- Double check that the information you have provided is correct and free of any spelling errors.
- Click the Save changes button to add the new Contact
A Contact or Registrant is the legal entity which owns the domain which you are registering or transferring to your Registrar Account. When registering or transferring a domain name on the Multi Registrar Control Panel the Contact is assigned to the domain name and displayed on the Registry's WHOIS.
It is a legal requirement that you provide the Registrant's information at the time of creating or updating the registrant information. If you are unsure about the legalities then get in touch with us and we can assist in this regard.