After successfully registering for a Domain Reseller account on the ZA Domains Reseller Control Panel
you will need to setup your domain reseller account in order to register and transfer your reseller domain names.
Adding your default name servers to the ZA Domains Reseller Control Panel
- Log in to the ZA Domains Reseller Control Panel using your Domain Reseller user name and password.
- Expand Domains on the menu and click on Manage Name Servers
- Click the Add New Name Server button
- On the Add New Name Server modal complete the applicable form fields as per examples and explanation below
- Name Server : Provide the fully qualified domain name for your primary name server - (I.E If you are using Hetzner as your hosting provider then your default primary name server would be NS1.HOST-H.NET, or if you are using Server Admins as your hosting provider then your default primary name server would be ns1.zadns.co.za)
- IPv4 (Optional) : As suggested, this field is optional and is only required if you are registering a new name server that you will host, and the fully qualified domain name falls within the .ZA second level domain name space - ie a CO.ZA Domain name. Do not enter the IPv4 value for your hosting providers name servers as they would have already registered the name servers for their domain name.
- IPv6 (Optional) : As suggested, this field is optional and is only required if you are registering a new name server that you will host, and the fully qualified domain name falls within the .ZA second level domain name space - ie a CO.ZA Domain name. Do not enter the IPv6 value for your hosting providers name servers as they would have already registered the name servers for their domain name.
- Click the Save changes button to add your primary name server to the ZA Domains Domain Reseller Control Panel.
Repeat the steps above for each of the name servers which you need to add. Typically all hosting providers provide 2 - 5 name servers for domains which are configured to use their name servers, and you will need to add each of those to the Name Server within the Domain Reseller Control Panel.
Adding a new Contact / Registrant to the ZA Domains Reseller Control Panel
A Contact or Registrant is the legal entity which owns the domain which you are registering or transferring to your ZA Domains Reseller Account. When registering or transferring a domain name on the ZA Domains Reseller Control Panel
the Contact is assigned to the domain name and displayed on the Registry's WHOIS.
It is a legal requirement that you provide the Registrant's information at the time of creating or updating the registrant information. If you are unsure about the legalities then get in touch with us and we can assist in this regard.
- Expand Domains on the menu and click on Manage Contacts
- Click on the Add New Contact Button
- Complete all required the fields on the Add Contact modal window
- Ensure that the information that you are entering is correct.
- All required fields are marked with a red asterix
- The contact no and fax no fields are Internationalised contact numbers and must be formatted using "+" followed by the country dialing code such as "27" for South Africa, followed by a ".", followed by the rest of the digits in the number. I.E +27.120041112
- The User Reference is your reference used to identify the Contact, an example could be your client's account number or username. This value is not stored on the Registry WHOIS and is therefore not displayed when performing a WHOIS for a domain name linked to this contact.
- It is possible to have one contact associated to many domain names.
- Double check that the information you have provided is correct and free of any spelling errors.
- Click the Save changes button to add the new Contact
The ZA Domains Reseller Control Panel provides many bulk domain tools to assist in creating multiple contacts, however these will not be covered within this tutorial. Browse or search our knowledge base to find guides on how to bulk import your domain names and domain contacts.
Adding your Company and Contact information to the ZA Domains WHOIS Service
ZA Domains provides its resellers with a domain WHOIS service
which is used to identify which domain reseller account is linked to a reseller domain and direct all support and or other related inquiries to the correct contact person or company.
The information stored on the ZA Domains WHOIS
differs from your personal information used at the time of registration.
- Expand Options on the menu and click on Company Info.
- On the Company Info page click the WHOIS Info tab
- Provide your Company Name, Company Email Address and Company Contact Number.
- Press Save Changes.
Adding credit to your ZA Domains Reseller Account (Optional)
Your account requires a positive credit balance in order to register reseller domain names, renew reseller domain names, and in some cases transfer a reseller domain name to your account.
- Expand Billing on the menu and click on Add Credit
- On the Add Credit page enter your 3D Secure enabled credit card information along with the amount you wish to add as credit to your account and click on Submit Payment.
Contact us if you are not in possession of a 3D Secure enabled credit card and wish to make payment via EFT.