This guide will walk you through the steps required to add an MX record to a Domain which is provisioned on the My DNS Cloud Name Servers.
- Log in to the ZA Domains Reseller Control Panel using your Domain Reseller user name and password.
- Click My DNS Cloud on the menu.
- Locate the domain name you wish to add A records to by using pagination scroll option or by typing the domain name into the search field on the Manage DNS Cloud page.
- Click the Functions icon on the right of the page and click Configure for the domain name you wish to add a new A record for.
- Click the Add A Record on the Configure DNS for domain name modal window.
- Provide the MX Record details on the Add MX Record modal window
- Type @ into the Host Name field.
- Type the full mail server address in to the Mail Server Address* field, ie mail.zadomains.xyz
- Type the MX Record Priority into the Record Priority field, ie 1
- Set the TTL record for the MX Record, ie 1 Hour
- Click the Add MX Record button to create the new MX Record
* If you are creating an MX Record which resolves to a mail server on the same domain then you need to create the corresponding A record before or after creating the MX Record. For example, If e-mail for zadomains.xyz is to be delivered to mail.zadomains.xyz then you need to ensure that you have created an A record called mail.zadomains.xyz and when creating the MX record, specify mail.zadomains.xyz as the mail server as per the instructions above.