How to Generate a SSL Certificate using Direct Admin Control Panel
- First logon as user 'admin'
- Modify the 'Access Level' from 'Admin Level' to 'User Level', by clicking in the Access Level menu on the right on User Level.
- Click on "SSL Certificates"(underneath Advanced Features).
- Select the option "Create a Certificate Request" and enter all requested information given below.
- letter country code - Eg : ZA for South Africa or US for United States.
- State , Company(Organization name) ,company Division (Department).
- Key-size - Must be minimum of 2048.
- Common name : Your Fully Qualified domain name.
For wildcard certificate -It must be in the form of *.mydomain.com
- When you are done click Save.
- Select and copy the Information you see in the text box - This contains the CSR and Private key.
It is important that you make a backup of the Request part and the "Private Key"(Start with " ------ Begin private key and ends with -----End Private key-----")