How to install a SSL certificate using Plesk 7 and 8
- Select 'Domains' from the left hand menu.
- Click 'Home' and scroll to the bottom of the page.
- Click on the 'Domain name' that the certificate is for.
- Click on the 'Certificates' icon located under Services.
- Install End Entity/Domain & CA Certificates
- Upload Entity/Domain Certificate
- Click 'Browse' and locate the extracted End Entity/Domain certificate. This will typically be mydomain.crt. Click 'Send File' to complete this installation.
- Upload CA Certificate
- Click 'Browse' and locate the extracted CA certificate. This will typically be mydomain.ca-bundle. Click 'Send File' to complete this installation.
- Copy and Pasting Certificates
- Open 'mydomain.crt' and 'mydomain.ca-bundle' in your favorite text editor.
- Copy and Paste the contents of 'mydomain.crt' to the Certificate section.
- Copy and Paste the contents of 'mydomain.ca-bundle' to the CA Certificate section.
- Once finished click 'Send Text'.
Your certificate has now been added to your site's certificate repository.
- Stay in the same area where the certificate was installed.
- Click 'Up Level' from the top right area of the Control Panel.
- Click 'Setup'.
- Using the drop-down box select the certificate that was just installed above.
- Check the status of your IP Address and Certificate.
Note: This example shows a shared IP with the default certificate. If there is no Certificate drop-down box in this area, this means that you are on a shared hosting account and therefore you need to upgrade your hosting package and purchase a dedicated/static IP address from your hosting provider.
Restart Apache Service
- Click 'Server' item from the left hand menu.
- Click on the 'Service Management' menu item.
- Stop and Start the Apache process. Icons are Start, Stop and Restart.
Note: Do not simply restart the Apache Service. You must stop the service, then start it again to complete the installation.