How to install a SSL certificate using Microsoft IIS 5.x & 6.x
Please follow the below steps to install your SSL certificate using Microsoft IIS 5.x & 6.x
- Open up the Control Panel and open Administrative Tools.
Note: Some versions of Windows Administrative Tools can be found on the Start Menu under All Programs.
- Double-click Internet Services Manager.
Note: Some version of Windows call this: Internet Information Services.
- Right-Click on the website and left-click on Properties.
- Click on the Directory Security Tab.
- Click Server Certificate.
- Choose to Process the Pending Request and Install the Certificate and then click Next.
- Enter the location or browse to the location of the SSL Certificate file and then click Next.
- Read the summary screen to be sure that you are processing the correct certificate and then click Next.
- You will see a confirmation screen. When you have read this information, click Next.
Stop and Start the appropriate website within IIS. You now have an SSL certificate installed for use on IIS.