EPP Code 2306 is caused when ZACR polls the specified name servers provide for a reseller domain transfer and they are unable to query the name server for authoritative records.
When an EPP Code 2306 is received ZACR may suspend the publishing of DNS Zone data.
Review the contents of the error to establish which name server is causing the issue and then resolve the issue with that name server.
After resolving the issue with the name server follow the steps below to resume the domain
- Log in to the ZA Domains Reseller Control Panel using your Domain Reseller user name and password.
- Expand Domains on the menu and click on Manage Domains
- Locate the Reseller Domain Name you wish to resolve the EPP Code 2306 error (The search function allows you to search for any part of the domain name, the User Reference, Organization or Expiry Date of a reseller domain name)
- Click the Functions icon located to the right of the Domain name and click Cancel Update.
- Click the Functions icon located to the right of the Domain name and click Force NS Update.
- Click the Functions icon located to the right of the Domain name and click Resume Update.
When a EPP 2306 error is detected during registration or transfer of a reseller domain the ZA Domains system will notify you of this via email.
Below is a sample of the email relating to a EPP Message: 2306: Authoritative Nameserver failure for domain error
DOMAIN CLEANUP FAIL
This email is to inform you that the domain cleanup for domainname.co.za has failed.
The name server specified did not respond at the time of completing the domain clean up.
Please verify your name server configuration and once confimed you can continue with transfer by resuming it via the Resume option within ZADomains.net
EPP Code: 2306
EPP Message: 2306: Authoritative Nameserver failure for domain 'domainname.co.za': Timeout from ’ns1.somenameserver.co.za’